How to set up and activate Chat
Lucky Orange Chat plays an important role in helping your team connect with your visitors, improve their overall experience and address their questions in real time. Whether you’re a team of one or 20, Chat can give you a competitive edge while increasing conversions.
Here’s how to get started with Lucky Orange chat by setting up and activating chat.
Note: These initial Chat setup and activation steps require either the account owner or an admin. To revise a member’s role to become an admin, follow these steps.
Setting up Chat
Chat can be customized to your brand and needs. We’ve created an easy Chat setup process that leads you through top-level customizations.
You can also manually set up Chat by navigating to Chat Settings through Settings or Communication.
To access the Chat onboarding setup process, you have two options:
From Chat Settings
- Navigate to Settings or Communication
- Click on Chat Settings
- Select the gold Start Chat Quick Setup button
From the Chat icon
- Click the Chat icon in the upper left corner
- Your first Chat conversation will be from Lucky Helper.
- To begin the Chat setup, click on the purple Complete Chat Setup button
Regardless of how you get there, the Chat Quick Setup takes just a few minutes to complete. When prompted, click the purple Get Started button to move through the steps. You’ll be setting up:
- The look of your Chat icon
- The introduction your visitors will see when they initiate a Chat conversation
- The look of your Away Form
- Your personal Chat profile. We recommend completing your profile before chatting. This can be done through the Chat onboarding process or on your own by selecting Personal Settings from your profile image in the upper right corner.
Once these customizations have been set, your initial Chat setup will be complete. You can manage these settings at any time by navigating to Chat Settings from either Settings or Communication.
Now that you’ve set up Chat, the next step is to activate the Chat Launcher to begin chatting with visitors.
The Chat Launcher is the final step before being ready to accept and answer visitor chats. When the Chat Launcher is activated, the Chat button will display on your site. If it’s inactive, the Chat button won’t display to your visitors regardless of who is available to chat or when you’ve set it to display.
You can activate the Chat Launcher using one of two methods:
Method 1: Go through the Chat icon
- Click the Chat Icon; this is located in the upper left corner of the app.
- Once you click into it, you will see a chat from Lucky Helper
- Select the purple Activate Chat On My Site button; this will activate the Chat Launcher to show the Chat button to your visitors.
Once this button is clicked, you will be ready to begin chatting depending on your availability and chat settings. Click here to learn more about chatting.
Method 2: Go through Chat settings
- Navigate to Chat Settings; this can be found through Settings or Communicate.
- Appearance should be your default setting. If not, select Appearance
- The first chat setting is the Chat Launcher. This is what will activate your Chat and allow visitors to either chat with your or complete an away form. The Chat Launcher sets when the Chat button will display on the site and not your Chat availability. Click the toggle to the right to enable the Chat Launcher. It will display in blue with an “Active” label once enabled. This change will save automatically.
- If necessary, adjust the display settings and click the purple Save Updates button when finished. This doesn't impact your Chat availability. Click here to learn how to make yourself available to chat.
- If Always is selected, the Chat button will display on your site regardless of whether your team is available or not. If your team is unavailable to chat when a visitor clicks on it, they will be shown an away form.
- If When Available is selected, the Chat button will only display when someone on your team has marked themselves as Available to Chat.
- If During Office Hours is selected, the Chat button will only display during your set office hours. If no one is available to chat, the visitor will be shown an away form. You can set these office hours at the bottom of the Appearance Chat setting.
Once this button is clicked, you will be ready to begin chatting depending on your availability and Chat settings. Click here to learn more about chatting.